All hail the cheese! Today, the 20th January 2011, is National Cheese Lover’s Day, and while the powers that be have not been wise or kind enough to grant us all a day off in observation, there are still plenty of ways you can mark the occasion on your own. Click here.
The immense popularity of cheese can be attributed to its delicious taste and versatility. Did you know that there are over 900 types of cheeses in the world? Each of them can be aged for different periods of time which changes their taste, texture, and aroma.
Cheese has many health benefits as it is a great source of calcium, protein, and phosphorous. Furthermore, it has been proven that consuming certain kinds of cheeses such as cheddar, swiss, bleu, montery jack, brie, or gouda immediately after meals helps prevent tooth decay.
It is no wonder why there are so many cheese lovers out there. In 2003, a total of 8.5 billion pounds of cheese was produced the the United States. Not to mention the dishes made with cheese: grilled cheese, cheesecake, macaroni and cheese…the possibilities are endless!
Give in to your cravings today on National Cheese Lover’s Day and enjoy your favorite cheese or cheese dish!
For enquiries please email email@example.com
- Triple Super Gold at the World Cheese Awards for Sirana Gligora Paški Sir (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Artisan Cheese, The Making of Sirana Gligora Paški Sir. Step 7 & 8: Salting and Curing (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Artisan Cheese, The Making of Sirana Gligora Paški Sir. Step 4,5 & 6 all about Dripping & Draining, Kinitting and Pressing the Curd (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Artisan Cheese, the making of Sirana Gligora Paški Sir Step 3.Cooking and holding (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Artisan cheese, the making of Sirana Gligora Paški Sir 2. All about cutting the curd (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Paški Sir: Compelling Croatian Cheese (passionatefoodie.blogspot.com)