The biggest and most important exhibition of Croatian cheese and dairy products will take place this year on 22nd and 23rd October at Sirana Gligora (Gligora Dairy) on the Island of Pag, producers of the ‘Best New Cheese’ Trophy winner at last years World Cheese Awards.
Now in its 6th year, the ‘Association of small Croatian dairies’ brings together 18 of the countries most dedicated and skilled craftspeople who are producing distictly regional artisan dairy products from across the beautifully varied landscape of Croatia.
From the Istrian peninsula in the west with its varied climate and vastly mixed cultural heritage, to Slavonia in the north-east with hugely contrasting influences, terrain and agriculture. From the striking and rugged Dalmatian hinterland to Dubrovnik in the south, and not to mention the countless islands each with their own unique traditions, heritage and micro-climates.
With traditional producers making the most of the rich and diverse terroir in each of these regions, it’s sure to be another great opportunity to come together and celebrate Croatia’s finest craftspeople of this simple yet massively diverse product, cheese.
The full day event will involve tastings and the opportunity to buy direct from the producers who will be supported by some of the most spectacular wines from the Zadar region. Live music, local food and drink and the picturesque surroundings of the Island of Pag in Gligora’s specially built cheese tasting room, will make sure the celebrations are as well-remembered as the fantastic cheese on display.
Sponsored by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development. A full list of producers are below, press packs will soon be available to associated journalists who are interested in covering this event. To express your interest please write to email@example.com
1. PG Bistrović d.o.o., 2. Vesna Loborika,3. Mljekara Bosnić, 4. Tomaić commerce, 5. Biogal, 6. Družba, 7. Euro-milk, 8. Hamer, 9. I-pak, 10. Križevačka mljekara, 11. Mljekara Latus, 12. Mala mljekara, 13. MCOM, 14. MIH Sirana, 15. Mini mljekara Veronika, 16.Mljekara BIZ, 17. Mljekara Vodopijevec, 18. Sirana Gligora
- Ancient Illryian Fort overlooking Sirana Gligora (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Gligora Dairy, Island of Pag cheese, and the rise of Paški Sir (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Where to buy Paški Sir in the US (paskisir.wordpress.com)
- Slow Food helps diehard farmers hang onto tradition (canada.com)
- Cheese War Breaks Out in Wisconsin (newser.com)